RiverHouse’s “homes of the future” is a development of 59 state-of-the-art “green” villas, uniquely designed to minimize their carbon footprint. Each house comes standard with an integrated solar system, connecting it with its neighbours, creating a “smart grid” of shareable excess power. This is a new concept for residential development and greatly reduces power purchased from the electric authority.
AVC’s Scope of Work
We began in 2016 as mechanical, electrical, and plumbing engineers for the villas and infrastructure. The brief was engineering to international standards; both for safety and quality, while being efficient and high-tech at a reasonable cost. As construction progressed, we also became involved with solar power and an optional Lutron home automation system.
- 10kW solar system with online monitoring
- 11.6kWh battery storage and backup
- 40 amps 3-phase power
Infrastructure Technical Specifications
- Sub-distribution panels throughout with digital metering
- 8kW solar system for the plant and office
- Centralized monitoring of power usage